This is my town. I live here.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Behold, a door!


Behold, a door, originally uploaded by Living in Monrovia.

And what lies inside yon door? Something about it makes me think of the super natural, no, the great beyond perhaps. Is it the pools out light in front of it? Or perhaps the glow from the lamp up above? What about the sunburst pattern above the door, further suggesting rays of light bursting from overhead? Finally, the unpotted urn, to your lower right as you approach. What does it make you think of? Any wild guesses to which place this door belongs astute readers?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew right away when I saw this it belonged to the funeral home on Foothill. I have long admired the beauty of the place as well as appreciated their loving maintenance.
A beautiful photo!

9:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I concur with 3tuplips. It's the Douglas & Zook Mortuary on Foothill. Long time Monrovia business owned and operated by a large family who works actively in the community's behalf through various charites and service organizations, the Zook family.

4:03 PM

 
Blogger Kirsten said...

It is the office entrance to the Douglas & Zook Mortuary. The main entrance is to the west of this door. I live directly across the street. My 3-year old noticed they hung new outdoor lamps last week. The care and upkeep they give to their business alone makes them good neighbors.

9:36 PM

 
Blogger quixotic said...

One look and I knew it was zook's.

8:56 AM

 
Blogger deandra said...

This is a great site. I like yours pictures, its looks like a motion-picture where something is about to happen.

11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home