This is my town. I live here.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Fantastic Tempura

I wanted to get the word out about the new Japanese Restaurant on Myrtle (at the former site of Tidal Wave) called Mikomi. The food was surprisingly good, and the tempura was the best I've had in recent memory: light, crunchy and flavorful. It was also piping hot! We also had the Japanese steak, which was sliced and fanned out on the plate. It was very tender and delicious.

For my beverage I ordered the saki sampler, which consisted of three very different cold sakis (one itty bitty glass each). Apparently saki is about 12% proof, so for me three small glasses is enough! I recommend trying them this way.

The space was pretty much the same as I remembered from the former tenant, except that the sushi bar was brand new and boasted a large flatscreen tv. The prices were tolerable and the service was prompt. My only complaint was that out waiter couldn't tell me much about the menu, but he was very friendly. It may have been his first day. I know for sure he hasn't been there for a week, though, because that's when Mikomi opened.

You should stop in when you get a chance. You won't be sorry. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home